At Sankofa Care we want to attract and keep talented workers to help deliver our services and develop our organisation. We aim to recruit the right person in the right job, at the right time. We also encourage people wishing to make career move or gain work experience in children and families work to volunteer with us.
Our pledge is that if you work for us we will develop and equip you with the right skills to progress in our organisation. At Sankofa Care Ltd, we go that extra mile for our people. We offer a wide selection of work-life benefits, financial benefits and development and learning programmes.
We currently have vacancies for the following positions:
- Registered Manager – Fostering and Permanency Services
- Supervising Social Worker – Fostering and Permanency
- Residential home Support Worker – Day and Night Staff
- Freelance Form F Assessor
REGISTERED MANAGER – FOSTERING AND PERMANENCY SERVICES
Sankofa Care are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Registered Manager for the Fostering and Permanency Service based in Croydon, South London. Our foster carers are located around London and the South East. The company are looking for someone who will encourage the growth of the agency and its carer base. The role will also include the management of a small adoption team of one Social Worker. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to the strategy for, and own the operational leadership, of our Fostering and Permanency Services.
As a Registered Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of the Fostering and Permanency service, including support to existing Foster carers and children placed. You will have the ability to work effectively and lead by example, build relationships, both internal and external, and develop and promote Sankofa Care in line with the company’s visions and goals. The key objective of this role is to create an environment for children placed with the service where they can grow, achieve and exceed their hopes.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Registered Manager post in line with the National Minimum Standards for Fostering and The Fostering Services (England) Regulations.
- Monitor and control the activities of the fostering service
- Prepare the fostering service and co-ordinate all activities for monitoring and inspections by Ofsted and Local Authority frameworks
- Develop, implement and effectively training resources, IT systems, Foster Care Panel, Out of Hours, assessment, approval and review of carers.
- Ensure any matters concerning child protection are dealt with in accord with government guidelines and company policy and that safeguarding is at the centre of all you do.
- Take responsibility for the service delivery to children, young people, the carers and families and ensure the agency drives to achieve good outcomes for children
- Take a proactive role in business development, including tendering and contracting
- Produce and review content for publicity and marketing materials.
- Supervise and recruit staff
- Oversee the Fostering Panel
- Oversee the recruitment and preparation of all Foster Carers, as well as training for all Foster Carers
Qualifications & Skills required:
- A qualified Social Worker with a minimum of 8 years post qualifying experience
- HCPC registered
- Strong experience within the fostering sector, ideally in the independent sector
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Social Care Management
- Excellent knowledge of fostering legislation, policies and procedures
- Excellent staff management and supervisory skills and experience
- Creative and motivated to support the expansion and Business Development
Salary is negotiable + Benefits
Full time – permanent position
If you feel you are the person the agency is looking for, please get in touch via email@example.com.
SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKER – FOSTERING & PERMANENCY
Sankofa Care is looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Supervising Social Worker to join our fostering team and support and supervise our Foster Carers and the Looked after Children placed with them across London and the South East.
A successful candidate would have excellent communication skills both verbal and written, as well as excellent report writing abilities. The candidate will need to be able to maintain strong working relationships with Placing Authorities and be a good team player. At least 2 years experience of working in the fostering sectors and completing competency-based Form F Assessments is essential. Experience and knowledge of CHARMS systems would be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and support foster carers in line with the agency’s policies and procedures
- Build strong relationships with foster carers and Looked after children placed with them
- Undertake Form F Assessments for new applicants and updating Form F’s of existing carers as and when required
- Undertake Annual Reviews and household Health & Safety checks
- Carry out unannounced visits to the foster carers
- Monitor and review the suitability and competence of foster carers
- Safeguard children
- Attend all professionals meetings
- Upload all files and notes to the CHARMS system
- Present cases to the fostering panel
- Deliver training and support groups to foster carers
- Play an active role in the recruitment drive for new foster carers
- Provide Out of hours duty support on a rota basis
- At least 2 years of post-qualifying experience of working within the Fostering sector
- HCPC recognised qualification in Social Work (DipSW or CQSW)
- HCPC registration
- Full UK driving licence
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Comprehensive knowledge of all relevant legislations pertaining to fostering and children’s services
- A sound knowledge of child protection procedures
- A proven track record in working with and or on behalf of children, respecting and maintaining their individuality and promoting their positive development
- Proven experience of using a wide range of IT and electronic communications
If you are interested in the role, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
RESIDENTIAL HOME SUPPORT WORKER – DAY & NIGHT STAFF
Sankofa Care is offering high quality therapeutic services to children and young people. Due to exciting growth and expansion we are looking for a number of Residential Support Worker for our newly established home ‘Holly Lodge’. Your role will be to support the children and young people in their day to day living and welfare.
We are currently recruiting for Residential Children’s Home Support Workers – Waking Nights and Bank Support staff.
As a Residential Support Worker you will:
- Have a proven track record of working with children and young people with emotional difficulties
- Be willing to develop your skills within the residential care arena
- Be focused on obtaining the best outcome for each child and young person in the home
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all relevant legislation and effectively implement this within the home
- Have attained or be working towards attainment of a minimum of NVQ Level 3 (Children and Young People)
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Work to ensure that the young person’s care plan is met
- Create a family environment and a sense of ‘home’
Salary: from £9.50 per hour
If you are interested in the above position with Sankofa Care please forward your CV and a Covering Letter to email@example.com.
FREELANCE FORM F ASSESSORS
We are looking to recruit qualified Social Workers to carry out Form F Assessments as and when required. Our recruitment drive is currently focused on Greater London and Milton Keynes. You will be required to work independently and to a high standard, be committed to safeguarding children and young people and undertake the required checks.
If you are interested, please e-mail a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All university students undertaking qualifying social work courses must undertake at least, 200 days of ‘practice education’.
To do this, students are placed with an employer, either in the statutory or the independent (private and voluntary) sector to gain hands-on, real life, social work experience in a variety of settings.
Though courses differ in their structure, students usually undertake two or three placements during their course to make-up the 200 days. Sankofa Care is committed to the provision of high quality practice education for students undertaking qualifying Social Work Courses. Working closely with universities and other agencies, we aim to be at the forefront of social work education and consider practice learning to be central to the development of a skilled and professional social workforce delivering first class services.
Our team of Practice Educators and Practice Supervisors offer a range of experience for both first time placements and for more experienced students. Our practice settings have diverse placement opportunities such as, fostering and permanency services, post 16 semi independent & Mother and baby support services. If you are interested and you would like more information about our placement and its conditions then please contact us on email@example.com.